Let's get REAL


Realize that in order to reach the least, the last, the lost, the lonely and the left out, you must educate yourself and others; activate by joining others in this movement; and most importantly, be motivated out of love – the kind of love that only God can give.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bumps in the road

Ever had a bump in the road? I have a physical bump - a MRSA infection under my right arm a bit towards my back. It's an annoying, itching bump that I will have to visit the doctor, get treatment, take drugs and deal with for days. I had one of these on my back about 3 years ago. My husband and son have had several over the last 5 years. There's nothing we can do to completely get rid of these things. There's nothing we can do to protect ourselves 100%. We just have to learn to live with them and deal with them. Reminds me of the Apostle Paul's "thorn in the flesh." I've copied the text from 2 Corinthians below. Lord - help me to remember that these bumps in the road are only there to help me remember to rely and you and remind me how powerful you are.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 says, ". . . in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment